Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Accelerated Hardware Graphics Problem

Does anyone know of a program besides the troubleshooter associated with Win XP Pro to determine if there is a problem with hardware acceleration of the graphics card. A couple of weeks ago a real bad storm blew through. My computer was off but my UPS was on. Since then the graphics in FS2002 are not as sharp as what they were. I get a wavy distortion in some areas and brown patches when I pan views. I have another program that the only way to get the graphics to appear correctly is to turn off hardware acceleration of the graphics card. I have pretty much determined it is a hardware problem. But I need something else to prove to Dell, system is about 3 months old so still under warranty. Everything else seems to work ok with the computer. I tried all sorts of different drivers including a reformat and reinstall of operating system. Still the same graphics problem. FS2002 Dell Dimension 8200 P4 2.53 Ghz512 mb PC800 Rdram80 gig hdNvidia 64mb GeForce4 MMX420 David

Are you talking about the DirectX Diagnostic Tool found under System Tools, System Information, Tools menu. If so, I don't know of any other graphics card tester.Your only other avenue would be to replace the card to see if the problem was corrected.