Sign in to follow this  

AMD - MSI Great FS Combo!

Just got done upgrading to a MSI KT4ULTRA-FISR board, XP2700+ and 1 gig of DDR333 PC2700 memory. All I can say is WOW! FS2002 never ran smoother! I thought I had a fast system before (KT3Ultra, XP2200+, 512M PC2100) but this new system is unbelievable! Can't wait 'till the new nVidia FX boards come out, to add to it.The KT4Ultra-FISR board is one sweet board with everything a man could want. 6 USB-2, 2 Firewire, RAID, LAN, 8X AGP, built in 6 channel Dolby Digital sound....etc. Anyone contemplating an upgrade, I highly recommend this combo.BTW.. I thought I would have to re-install my WinXP, but to my surprise, it picked everything up, asked for the new drivers and went on it's merry way with no problems whatsoever. I did have to register Windows again though, took me all of 20 seconds.:-) I'm impressed, Microsoft!:-beerchugPete S. =====Near OKC======

Guest BAW083

Asustek's A7N8X Deluxe is a quality board too (but then i would say that).

I used to be Abit man, than later I switched to Asus, but I have to say that this motherboard impressed me more. So now I am a Microstar fan, and until I find a better product, will remain so.My last Asus board was an A7M266 with a Thunderbird 1.4 CPU. I still have it somewhere as a spare. I was really not that impressed with it, had to have it replaced about 2 weeks after I got it.Pete S.

>I thought I would have to re-install my WinXP, but to my surprise, it picked everything up, asked for the new drivers and went on it's merry way with no problems whatsoever.

Can we all now be reassured that this particular upgrade path is no longer a major cause for concern?It sure appears to be that way, Mike.Like I said, I was ready to reformat my C: drive and do a reinstall. Actually I was dreading it. After I fired up my system with a new MoBo, Cpu and Ram, Win XP just started popping up with new hardware found windows and went on it's way updating and rebooting. After several reboots I was right back with all of my system files intact, email and all. All in all I spent about 15 minutes getting it working again, and it is running solid as a rock all day.Pete S