Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

MELJET 777 - Pushback Problem

When using the FS2002 pushback (shift+P) and the MelJet 777 the "turn" option (shift+P+1,2) doesn't work. The aircraft just moves straight backward until I stop it. has anyone else had this problem occur? Solutions/suggestions?Thanks!!John-PaulToronto

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I've never been able to get any aircraft to turn while pushing back using the default (shift+P+1,2), but there is a great freeware gauge available from the avsim library that allows you to setup your pushback and turns. It also has a digital timer that you can use to time your turns as you wish. The file is called rcbpb-11.zip and the author is Rob Barendregt.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Thanks, I will check that out.... I have never had any problems using the built-in pushback feature in FS2002. Maybe there is a conflict between this particular model and the programming. Anyway, thanks again!John-PaulToronto

Hi John-Paul,Being the author of the new Pushback gauge (rcbpn-11.zip), I have a fair idea why people have trouble to get the pushback working correctly (especially with turning left/right).The main problem is caused by FS2K2, which does not have a dedicated function for turning left/right: it uses the generic functions SELECT_1 and SELECT_2 (by default assigned to the NON-keypad keys "1" and "2").This means that if some types of "event" happens between activating pushback (SHift-P) and pressing "1" or "2", FS2K2 doesnot 'know' that the "1"/"2" key still belong to the pushback.And these "events" may be caused by another gauge or by user input (like changing views).So the only way to ensure a proper turn:- Use my pushback gauge :-) - Always type "1" or "2" immediately after "SHift-P"If you need to have a delay between the "shift-P" and "1"/"2" (because you want your plane to be pushed back more than a full length before making the turn):- Type "shift-P"- After some time: type: "shift-P", "shift-P" and "1" or "2".So pushback is deactivated, and immediately activated again.You can simplify this last 3-stroke keysequence by using the key/joystick button programming facility of FSUIPC.Which ensures that nothing intervenes between the "shift-P" and the related "1" or "2".Using this has nothing to do with the (parking-) brakes being 'on' of 'off'.Now, there may be other gauges (or joystick "Control Managers") that do something special with the "shift" key.In that case, define another key for FS2K2 function "Pushback start/stop" that doesn't use a shifted key, via Options-Controls-Assignments. Cheers, Rob