Sign in to follow this  

Led Zeppelin's "dreamship" 707?

I'm looking for links to pics of Led Zeppelin's 707. It was called the "Dreamship", I believe. If I can find some pics I may ask an expert for a repaint...or may even give it a shot myself. (oh, Lord!). WWW search is going very slowly, I have seen pictures of the aircraft, but not, so far, on the 'net. help appreciated. p

Sorry...my bad...it was called Starship. Customized Boeing 707.

Cool! although it was actualy a Boeing 720 (variation of 707) maybe www.avsim.com/hjg can help you out more? :DBest Regards Derek Beal :-wavePROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D

Imagine the sound effects that could be placed on such a bird......

I had the privlage of being able to board that same aircraft about 21 years ago at KBFI.Zep was in town doing some dubbing for a upcoming album at Kaye-Smith studios and also having their Jet serviced up at KPAE they were here for about two weeks. When they departed to head back to the UK they call on the company I was working for to provide a segment of meal service,I was working for Marriott InFlite as a lead cook at the time.The day came to cater the aircraft and my Gen Manager ask me if I would like to help in servicing the plane and of course I said YES!!!We drove up to the rear galley and the door was popped open for us to start our work. Me and the driver had to take a cart up to the front of the AC and on our way we passed Jimmy Page who was laying back on a recliner, as we passed him he ask!!!! SO WHAT KIND OF SLOP ARE YOU GUYS FEEDING US TODAY??? Me thinking quick looked at him and said...BY THE LOOKS OF THINGS THAT HAD TO BE CLEANED OUT OF YOUR EQUIPMENT TWO WEEKS AGO LOOKS LIKE THE SAME THING....CHEESEBURGERS,FRIES,AND CHOCOLATE MILK SHAKES.Jimmy was taken back at my statement for a second then he got off his chair and reach his hand out to thank us for our service and then proceded to get the rest of the band together for a introduction. They signed autographs for us on a promo picture and asked if we would like to extend our stay until they departed, we told them that we were not to be really talking with them in the first place and then Robert Plant got on the phone and called our GM and told him we were going to be delayed a while as the service entry was having a problem openning(lil white lie) a half hour the GM show up at the AC and we had to snap to our feet quickly and get busy, he started to look at the door in question and wanted to know how it got fixed so quickly, Jimmy Page came out and gave him a Promo-Pic and gave him a tour of the AC, the GM soon forgot about the door.In my four years there I also met Elton John, Betty Ford, The President of China, Sammy Hagar.

Cool. What's Hagar got? Anything cool? Maybe I'll have to start a new thread on celebrity aircraft.

Guest PaulL01

Cool!Just to help you with the story, 1977 was the last time the blokes all flew together in the states, it is also the last year they toured USA as the tour abruptly ended with the tragic death of Robert Plants son Karac due to a stomach virus, Bonzo Died the same day that tickets went on sale for their first concert of the planed 1980 US tour, I think it was Chicago.

Hagar had a little lear. And Elton had the BeachBoys old 707.Now Betty Ford had the entire first class section of an Alaska Air 737.Regaurds

Guest Pardue802

Pink Floyd had a blimp that they used to promote their PULSE tour in 1995 (which itself promoted the Division Bell album). I believe the blimp was nicknamed "The Division Belle", and was later damaged beyond repair during a storm. Someone correct me on this?I always thought it would be neat if someone would do a repaint of the model of the Belle.Ken

You are correct in that regard...but I had one slip-up with the name...figured I better leave well enough alone . p

Wow...great stories, guys...I love it! Now, with the Peter Max issue, I wonder if it's even worth messing with? Oh, well. p

That Pink Floyd blimp would be great to replace the MS standard blimp at Chicago. I'd download that one for sure!! As for the Zep 720, that would be awesome. I wonder if the HJG guys would have a suitable aircraft and/or would be willing to repaint it in the proper colors.