Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuperFortress

CPU Upgrade Questions

Guest SuperFortress

I currently run FSX on a DELL XPS GEN2 Pentium4 3.2Ghz Extreme system I was wondering several things. Is it possible for me to upgrade my CPU to a faster one, something perhaps closer to 3.8Ghz without having to overclock anything? If it is possible then how can I tell which CPUs are compatible with my system? Lastly, I'd like to know if it's something that's even worth doing. Thank you for your input.

Just not worth upgrading a p4 as they can only be upgraded to p4s.3.2 P4 was about the fastest they offered anyhow.If you move to a new Intel e8400 at 3Ghz it will be about 2x-3x as fast as your P4!You'll need a new system, motherboard, ram, video card too, but it will be worth it, and you can keep the old PC too.

Guest SuperFortress

>Just not worth upgrading a p4 as they can only be upgraded to>p4s.>3.2 P4 was about the fastest they offered anyhow.>>If you move to a new Intel e8400 at 3Ghz it will be about>2x-3x as fast as your P4!>>You'll need a new system, motherboard, ram, video card too,>but it will be worth it, and you can keep the old PC too.>>>>>Yeah that's kinda what I figured but I was just curious if I could possibly squeeze anything else out of my old system:)