Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

How to make Inactive Panel Buttons Work??

Hey guy's! I wanted to know if anyone knew how to make Inactive Panel Button work?? Like I have both the PSS 747/777 panels, and there are 2 buttons that are clickable, but do not control anything, So i am asking is there a way to make them control something?? I added lines in the CFG file in the Light's Section to see if they wroked, but no Dice!? I want to use them for Runway Turnoff light's, since that is what the buttons are named in the PSS Panel, the other button is named "Wing" for the Wing Leading Edge light's! I added these Light's to the POSKY 747, and MEL's 777, but half to make them come on with the Landing light's only, since i don't know how to activate these 2 button that are clickable, but don't light up anything!? So if anyone knows how to do this, I would apprecite the info! THank's MIKE-:)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The switches are actually gauges or gauges files. If the designer of the gauge didn't code the switches to do anything, you cannot use it for any purpose. It basically is a dummy switch even though it may move from the OFF to ON position.The only way to correct this situation would be to change the gauge coding. If it is a compiled gauge then you would need to decompile the gauge, make the necessary additions, and recompile the gauge. If it is one of the new style XML gauges, you would need to unzip the *.cab folder, make changes to the *.xml control file, add any necessary *.bmp maps, and re-cab the gauge.

You might be able to edit the panel.cfg and put // in front of the lines associated with those switches. That would delete those lines from the configuration and eliminate the switches from the panel. Then use switches from the CPTTS package, by Jorge "eko" Salas, and associate those new switches with whatever light functions that you wish. I don't have the panel that you are using but I have done similar mods to the default panels, etc..Those switches are available in the AVSIM library as filename cptts1.2.zip. R-