Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Anyone using PFC Yoke?

How are you satisfied, how is the yoke?

Word Not Allowed- I don't have a PFC yoke- but I do have PFC rudder pedals. First Class hardware- would hate to fly without them- no comparison with CH pedals. If I had some spare dollars, a PFC yoke would be high on my list.(Won these pedals as a door prize from PFC at the 2000 MicroWings conference in Seattle- still going strong after 8 years.)Alex Reid

Yes, I guessed they are. I am targeting the Saab Yoke, Cirrus Pedals and TQ-6 quadrant, as a complete setup. Though financially, can't buy it all at once. First the yoke, then very soon pedals, and then the TQ.

Word Not Allowed- sounds nice! One point to check- My Cirrus pedals and CH yoke are Y cable connected to my gameport. (at the time my previous sys didn't have USB; yes the yoke is gameport also.) As a consequence of this Gameport connection, the pedal toebrakes can be used ONLY left or right- not both together. For combined braking, I have to use the CH yoke red brake button. I was told at that time, this was a limitation with using Gameport.Looking at the PFC site today, it appears this anomaly has been solved for Gameport- but worth checking out if you use Gameport.I think I can assure that you will be very happy with your setup.Alex Reid

No gameport use. I can only use USB today, so those problems should be non-existent.I would though before I invest such money into the hardware, try it out. But I don't know who in Vienna would have such hardware!!

Guest B52Drivr

HEllo All,I've had an AETI Saab yoke, (the original PFC yoke) for more than 10 years now . . . the only problem I ever have is the springs, which I go through a set about once per year . . .the last I heard, they are still free to registered users . . .replaceing them is a 15 min job, other than that, it is absolutely perfect. Oh, and I log about 5k hrs a year with this yoke, so it has more than paid for itself -- it is the gameport version and I have increasing problems with getting it to configure on a new OS, but after a day of playing, it was fine. The new ones are all USB and even more perfect than mine,. The best yoke you can buy and you will not regret the price. I had a CH yoke for years before that and got tired of the non precision flying because of the yoke...yeah, I'm an old pilot and require FS to be pretty real....but the yoke has been my saviour. Highly recommend this product to all.Best to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Another question - how are you managing without the Hat switch?? I was kinda thinking, using that a lot on my joystick, without it, you can't pan around in the VC... and TrackIR isn't always working (daylight problems...).

Guest B52Drivr

Word Not Allowed,I'm sure the USB works the same way, mine has 4 buttons, trim up, trim down, brake release and ap on and off/ and 4 double rockers. I use the CH virtual pilot pro cfg which gives me 12 different positions or key strokes on just the yoke . . . I don't think you will run out of stuffBestClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Yes, but that still doesn't give you a hat switch...?

Guest B52Drivr

KostaTrue, but a small price to pay for the very best . . . its a yoke, not a stick. Unless you have operated one of these, you really have NO idea of how fantastic and accurate they are. Best in your search.Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>Oh, and I log about 5k hrs a year with this yoke, so it has>more than paid for itselfHang on... that's over 13 hours a day. Do you do flight sim for a living?If so, how can I get into that??? :DColin

Guest jahman

>Word Not Allowed- sounds nice! One point to check- My Cirrus pedals and>CH yoke are Y cable connected to my gameport. (at the time my>previous sys didn't have USB; yes the yoke is gameport also.)>>As a consequence of this Gameport connection, the pedal>toebrakes can be used ONLY left or right- not both together.>For combined braking, I have to use the CH yoke red brake>button. I was told at that time, this was a limitation with>using Gameport.>Looking at the PFC site today, it appears this anomaly has>been solved for Gameport- but worth checking out if you use>Gameport.>I think I can assure that you will be very happy with your>setup.>Alex Reid >What if you connect your pedals and yoke independently to your PC via Gameport-to-USB converters, perhaps that would solve your pedal brake problem?See: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gameport+USB+adapter