Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Worldliner

New PC

HiI decided to buy a new PC, so if you guys here that know a lot about hardware would suggest something else, or just confirm me that I'll probably have good performance in FS9 with PMDG and a lot of payware scenery...CPU: Intel Pentium D 915 (this one I have in my current PC, and I can't buy the CPU currently (actually, I can't ask my mum the buy everything at the same time))GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 UltimateI know there are slightly better performance cards with more-less the same price, but this one is silent - no vent, just massive heatsinkRAM: DDR2 4GB (2x2GB kit) PC8000 (1000MHz) OCZ, Platinum XTC, DC kitPS: OCZ power supply GameXStream 600W, SLI-readyWould this be enough for good performance with FS9 with a lot of add-ons?Stjepan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you saying this is the system you have now or intend getting? Either way, for a good performance FS9 system the balance is somewhat skewed. You really need a fast cpu and and average GPU, not the other way round. The best bang for buck upgrade you can do for an older system is a 2.4 - 3.0GHz C2D and basic motherboard that carry's over as many of your old components as possible to suit.Gary