Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

System problem

Guest sunbear

I can't understand why I'm only getting 2 fps using fs.9 in windowed mode while I get 22 to 30 in full screen mode. I have a overclocked 2.4mhz running at 3.1 with an ati 1600 512 graphics card and all my settings are low to mid-range in FS.My Cpu temp is running 51CCore 1 @ 51Core 2 @ 50However, I did notice that my core 1 load is 100% and my core 2 is 0 %. Is this normal as I notice that in FSX, my core 1 runs at 100 and core 2 runs between 50 & 99% some of the time.Why would it run better in full screen mode and not in windowed mode?Why isn't core 2 running at more than 0 % ??Regards,jack

You may need the MS update that addresses multi core CPU's. Here is the link to it if you need it.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256Also, make sure your hard drive is de-fragged. A fragmented HD can cause all sorts of problems in MSFS.

Jim Wenham

Guest UlfB

Jack,As far as I know FS9 can't make use of more than one core.Do you run Vista? I read on some other forum that someone with the same problem solved it by setting Windows task bar to auto hide.Hope this helps!Ulf B

Guest sunbear

Thanks for the tips. I took your advise and hide the taskbar and that seemed to do the trick. No, I'm not running Vista..Regards & thanks for the quick responses.jack