Sign in to follow this  
Guest DogSnob

Advice Needed with Scenery Views

Guest DogSnob

Hello People.I am new to Flight Simulator and have got MS FSX and some VFR scenery for where I live and fly from.I have the following in my computer and would like some advice.Intel Pentium®D CPU 2.80 GHz1.0 GB RamOn board Graphics CardOn board Sound CardSpare AGP graphics card slot.Now the reason for buying the software in the first place was to help me with my navigation when flying a microlight (ultralight) for real.So although I want to be able to see the best possible detail on the ground with my VFR scenery pack, I do not necessarily need to render a 747 at 25 FPM.Can you recommend a decent graphics card to add to my system to be able to do what I want which is see the ground features clearly, or do I need to upgrade my whole system?Thanks in advance for your replies.RegardsVince

In all truth upgrade your system.. if you cant afford it or dont want the hassle at least get the ATI X1950 512mb or the 4870 if they have a agp version (dont go for the 3870 due to AA issues) Most important is a fast CPU, your best bet without changing the whole system is P4 3.2 HT Rob

Rob Prest

Great find, I think I may pick one up as a home entertainment system for music and movies. That PC should work fine if your using it for Microlights and default aircraft have a look at these GPU's..http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist....id=56&subid=939http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist....id=56&subid=938Rob

Rob Prest