Sign in to follow this  
deltafan

Aircraft Carrier

Question

Guest mane_raptor

>Starting FG:>Command parameter: --carrier=Nimitz" >>You are on the deck of the Nimitz>>Regards>Georg EDDWI got all of the xml change, but how do I modify the command parameter?????Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Guest hfitz

>After flying around for a long timewhere exactly?>and trying to read through the docs,which ones?>I still haven't found where the aircraft carrier is. How do I get to it?Have you actually enabled it? (see previous forum/mailing list discussions or the wiki howto)IF it's enabled and you have just started FG, it can usually be found several miles west of KSFO, cruising southwards-so if you start at KSFO@28R and keep flying for a couple of miles, you should find it quite quickly. However, it may be hard to really see the carrier if your weather/visibility settings are too low or you are flying too high. So you may want to adjust your settings accordingly (i.e. 40 km visibility/no clouds). Alternatively, you should be able to use the TACAN equipment that comes with carrier-capable aircraft. Yet, all this applies only if you have actually enabled the carrier.

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi,The file "preferences.xml" can be found in the folder [YourFlightGear]dataSearch for... falsetrue...It has to be changedBEFORE: AFTERWARDS:nimitz_demoAFTERWARDS:... falsetruenimitz_demo...Starting FG:Command parameter: --carrier=Nimitz" You are on the deck of the NimitzRegardsGeorg EDDW

I just tried my first takeoff from the carrier and ran into a problem:I landed on the deck in the A-4, set up for takeoff. I press Shift-L for the launch bar, then Shift-C for the actual cat. launch and nothing happened. How do I T/O from the deck? And do the elevators work?

Guest mane_raptor

>Starting FG:>Command parameter: --carrier=Nimitz" >>You are on the deck of the Nimitz>>Regards>Georg EDDWI got all of the xml change, but how do I modify the command parameter?????Thanks.