Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

Barker Airport (Fictional)

This is an airport I'm working on, currently named after myself, :). I've gotten alot done but there's still alot left to do. I have a basic afcad in, along with 2 parking rows of 4, which is what I've focused on here in the pictures, since that was probably the most complicated part of the whole project. I have not given the afcad/traffic any serious testing to see if the traffic flows smoothly or not. If it turns out that the traffic flows smoothly and successfully, I'll complete the rest of the parking area. I'm looking at maybe about 10-15 rows of 4, plus I want to find some good FS98 or FS95 planes to use as traffic to cut down on the frame rates, since I plan on having most of the parking sports filled. There is some texture flashing and I dont like the grass texture but it'll do. I'm not sure how to get rid of the flashing though. The taxiway lines need a little bit of work, and I'm thinking about making numbers to mark the individual parking spots, and maybe some other details, such as tie-down rope/hook textures, or something like that. You get the idea. Anyways, I just wanted to showcase the parking area, which, frankly, I'm pretty proud of. I would like to find a new macro for the fence, because I want a chain-link fence, but I'm having a hard time finding any macros. (If any of you know where I can get a bunch of them, that would be really helpful) I'm not sure about releasing this. If I do, it will be here at Avsim. Until then, feel free to contact me if you would like to help with beta testing or if you just want a copy of what I have so far. So here's the pictures: