Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FSSound.dll

I do not have a thorough understanding of what files go where sometimes. I am new and dumb. I need some help. I recently added Emma Field. It may be coincidental, but since then I have this notice at the beginning of FS2002: MSFS has detected 3rd Party software that may not be compatible with..........File: FSSound.dllI have an FSSound.dll in FS2002 but it is in the Modules file and not the sound file.I also have an FSSound.dll in CFS2 and it also is in the Modules file and not in the sound file.I don't knpw if I should or if it is safe to move these FSSound.dll files into the sound Files. Would someone steer me right on this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's not dumb to ask for help. It may be dumb to advise everyone that you are dumb but I'm not certain of this fact.Anyway, to answer your question about the FSSound.dll - you have it in the correct location. All you need do now is open the file FS2002.CFG which is located in your main FS2002 directory. Use notepad to open it the paste the following text into it exactly as shown including the brackets.[OLDMODULES]FSSOUND.DLL=1All the best with your flyingbf

Now this is dumb - I copied the text exactly from my fs2002.cfg file, checked that it was correct and posted it - the post has somehow removed the first line of the information you need to add.Here it is again - complete I hopeOLDMODULESFSSOUND.DLL=1Special note, just in case the brackets caused the problem I have left them out. However, the first line should be surrounded by square brackets the same as you will see around every other heading in the fs2002.cfg. Just open it to see what I meanHope this helps you

If you are not getting any error messages concerning 3rd party modules, i.e., *.dll, then placing the fssound.dll=1 in the OLDMODULES section of the fs2002.cfg is not necessary. The updated fssound.dll is available from several downloads and does require the OLDMODULES entry.The fssound.dll is what is known as a Dynamic-Link Library file:"dynamic-link library (DLL)An operating system feature that allows executable routines (generally serving a specific function or set of functions) to be stored separately as files with .dll extensions. These routines are loaded only when needed by the program that calls them."The fssound.dll is the interface between fs98/2000/2002 and another file that might cause a sound to be played, such as an radar altimeter gauge.