Sign in to follow this  
Guest panzerschiffe

My MD-11 Production Page

Guest panzerschiffe

I am making an MD-11F using FSDS 2, and I've setup a website where you can track its progress. I update it nearly daily. The address is http://www.thescorned.homestead.com/md11.htmlThere is also a message board that you can visit to ask me questions or make comments. From the page above you can reach the board by clicking on the prominent button. Thanks!-Albaro Villegas

Hello Albaro,I'm quite pleased you are doing a MD-11 using FSDS 2. Are you doing all versions ER/F or just the freighter. Also, I was wondering what your are using as a guide to ensure the dimensions are accurate? There is nothing wrong with the model, I'm just curious. I like that you are interested in keeping the polygon count below 11,000. If you optimize the polygon usage, it can still turn out to be an excellent looking model. I look forward to seeing your work come to light.Michael

Guest panzerschiffe

I am a pilot for Virtual Fedex. My motivation for making the MD-11 was that we're stuck with either an old model (CSI MD-11) or the FS Painter model, which is more suitable for AI use than for a person to fly. I didn't want to wait for others to update or create new models so I decided to tackle it on my own.My primary source of information regarding the aircraft's dimensions is the MD-11 Airport Information PDF documents from Boeing's website. Unfortunately I can't ensure perfect accuracy (and if I was going to go that far, the aircraft wouldn't be free). But it will "look" right. 11,000 is just an arbitrary number, a sort of threshold between "good" performance and "decent performance." I want to create a good performing model so that it can accept a large number of detailed textures and still offer good overall performance.-AV

Guest HeavyFan

WOW!!!!!!! Looks AWESOME!!!!! kepp it up! Can't wit to have a good MD-11 for FS2002! Like you said! The CSI Model was good for FS2000, but those Big Ugly Light's in FS2002 just made me delete it from my FS2002! it was just so off! So I look foward to your Model, which looks great! any time frame, like a ball park figure of how long more it will take you to finish this model?/ As it look like the Hard parts like the Fuse and Wings are done alreay? Can't Wait! MIKE-:)

Guest panzerschiffe

If you go to the website, you'll see a production time counter. I've only been working on this plane for a week! All the easy stuff is done. The hard things are what follows, so I can't say for sure when it will be released. I'm only one person, and I still have things to learn about FSDS and aircraft design as I go along (especially animation, I know almost nothing about animation right now). A SAFE guess, at the rate I am going, is that the modeling phase will be done in a week, animation phase another 10-14 days, Optimization phase another couple of days, and then I just have to wait for a livery to be made. Looking at about a month there. But there is the website, and it shows day by day what I've done, what has to be done, etc etc. So if you see no change there after a couple of days you can start yelling at me. :D-AV

Guest HeavyFan

HAHA Sounds good!! I ill check your site everyday to see your progress! Thank's MIKE-:)

AlbaroThanks for the good news. Have you ever spoken to Bill Grabowski? He is in the process of making a panel for the MD-11 which, I'm sure, will be outstanding. Maybe you guys could get together and become flightsim heros?If you don't know how to contact Bill, go to www.fsnordic.net, then the 'Discussions' section and then look for the ERJ-145 forum.But then I'm sure you know who Bill is!!!I don't intend any offence by this post by the way. Obviously what you want to do with your aircraft is entirely your choice.Best regards!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest panzerschiffe

Of course I am familiar with Bill Grabowski! lol...I too await his MD-11 panel with much anticipation but he stated not too long ago that it'd be close to a year before his panel would be complete. But new panels usually are released concurrently with new models so hopefully a new MD-11 will spur some people to make panels for it.I currently use Alain Capt's MD-11 panel btw.I'd make the panel myself, but my wallet has already taken a little dent in getting the software to start this project (FSDS 2, ACM) and I'm not too keen on buying FS Panel Studio.-AV

I'd say this effort deserves a whole lot of support. Count me in.Bill

It looks like you know what your'e doing. Keep up the good work and progress!Robb

Guest HeavyFan

Progress is looking great!! I visit your page everyday! Can't wait to have this bird in FS!-:) MIKE-:)