Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

AI Traffic

Hey gang,I've decided that I might finally break down and use the resources here to change the default AI to the real thing. I'm not exactly sure if my machine will be able to handle it, but that's another issue...Anyways, my question is this: Let's say I install the Delta Air Lines traffic, with the real world schedule and all. And let's say I decide one day to fly Delta 2231, CVG-PHX. When I load everything up, will there be a duplicate Delta 2231 flying with me to Phoenix, or does FS somehow know to leave that particular flight out?Then again, I might be totally missing the concept here.Anyhoo, thanks for the input.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes there will be a duplicate flight, assuming you depart at the exact same time. Since you can't really take off from the same runway at exactly the same time and since AI has a tendency to fly too fast anyway, it shouldn't be a real problem. There is no way for FS to know what flight you are flying and what to keep out. Also keep in mind that AI always flies a direct route from origin to destination, so if you fly a real flightplan following airways and waypoints, you might intersect occasionally with the AI, but you won't have a "wingman". All this of course assumes that you have a decent AFCAD file installed for CVG so that all the flights are actually displayed. If there aren't enough free gates, the relevant flight may simply not show up.Misha