Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gregory J. Fantino

Concorde: Max Climb Performance

Guest Gregory J. Fantino

I recently downloaded the "FDE Update" intended to remedy the slow climb performance and am still experiencing significant problems with supersonic flight conditions:1. At flight level 28,000 / approx. speed mach .88, I engage afterburners and select max climb. It takes the better part of 30 minutes with afterbruners on for the entire duration to reach mach 1.7?2. At several points along the climb at approx. flight level 32,000, rate of climb is flat (0 ft/sec) and the overspeed warning engages? I had to deselect Max Climb - select the Vertical Speed hold switch and increase pitch.3. I also notice that the wind direction and speed readings within the INS goes to 0 : 0 when the overspeed condition develops?Please note, I am note using any weater related add-ons such as Active Sky.I would appreciate if PSS Support could provide some clear guidance and direction regarding how to remedy these deficiencies. Judging by previous posts, many users are experiencing the same problems. Can the base installer be updated to patch these bugs?

I can only comment on your point 1 but it will affect poiont 2 as well. BTW, I have the new files installed and the climb performance was much improved. 7 minutes from 0.93M to 1.7M.Now, you were saying, you're at FL280 and .88M. This sounds like your speed is not at Vmo. You should be at approx. .93M at FL280 and the airspeed should be at 400 Kts Vmo before sellecting MAX CLIMB. Otherwise the AP, the way it's working now, starts a slight pitch up and you're behind the acceleration curve if not at Vmo to begin with. Start out with ALT HOLD on and your AT holding 399-400 kts. Preset your altitude sellect and then disengage the auto throttles. Set the AFCS to MAX CLIMB, prime the ALT ACQ and advance the throttles to max immediately. Make sure the airspeed is maintained at Vmo and then engage the reheats. If you don't do it this way, it will be a constant see saw battle the entire acceleration to cruise.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.