Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

Fuel Concorde - EGLL to KJFK ???

John,I cannot believe that 100% fuel is needed for this flight. If it would be EGLL to Chicago O'Hare or EGLL - KLAX, I would load 100% fuel. ACLoader tells me about 134,000 lbs, I load 145 klbs or even 160,000lbsSo, what is a realistic quantity?

Guest NormanB

>John,>>I cannot believe that 100% fuel is needed for this flight.Start believing :)The JFK airport authorities were always favourable to Concorde, one only has to look at the departure from 31L to understand how tight things were for fuel.As i mentioned elsewhere, on occassion Concorde had to do a splash and dash up near Gander or at Shannon or Bristol. If the real aircraft needed 100% fuel to do the journey it would suggest acloader is incorrect.

Guest BAW464

Concorde needed on average 92510kg of fuel for the EGLL to KJFK run and less on the return. Watch the ITVV video for more details on fuel planing

Hello,who knows what the normal optimal fuel quantity is for the flight EGLL to KJFK at about FL560???Somehow I dont manage to have the right fuel load with me. And the very different size of the fuel tanks make me very nervouse. I just dont know which tank should have what quantity!Please be so kind and help me here.

I agree with the above, the only reason Concorde had to stop in Gander etc, was because it had to depart on another runway at JFK not 31L (14572ft ong), due to the shorter lenghts of Kennedies other runways (04L is only 11351ft long), less fuel could be carried, thus a stop en-route was required. The only other route that was effected was Barbados from LHR if the temp was wrong or winds where stronger than normal, a stop en-route would also be needed. Concorde would very rarely require a full load to JFK, even if full.Cheers

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.