Sign in to follow this  

AI flightplans?!

Hi guys,I'm looking for some flightplans.......but I can't find them....maybe youguys know where I can get them?Ow and they have to accurate so with correct tail numbers (no gate fillers)- Air Berlin- Exel Airways- Premiair/Airtours- Air 2000- Aeris- Air Europa (the spain operator ;))- FlyBeThanx for the help!:-waveEvert(I guess this is the right forum, I because it's not about ttools :-hah)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi guys!Can somebody answer a question for me? I have never used FS2002 defaults; i.e., I had always made up my own saved flights(.flt) & Flight Plans, etc.So.. my question is: What are "A.I Flight Plans"? Are they pre-set flights that somebody else creates for you... or do you see the A.I. aircraft "fly" these routes, and try to keep up with them?Thanks in advance!Stanley :)

There are two types of Flight Plans in fs2002.The first are flight plans you can select from the Select a Flight Menu, some are provided with the default fs2002 installation, others can be built using the internal fs2002 flight planner or external flight planners. The ones you build are stored in fs2002flightsmyflts folder.The second type flight plans are for AI. They are compiled in a file in your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder labelled traffic.bgl. With a program called TTools by Lee Swordy, you can decompile this file which will result in three text files, aircraft.txt, airports.txt, flightplans.txt.Once decompiled, the entire range of additions can be made and the modifications recompiled with TTools. Several other programs aid in the assembly, modification, and testing of the AI flight plan files. These are AITM - http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM and yRoute - http://www.spacejock.com/ . There are several other programs but I don't have information to provide for those.Several sites are now providing AI flightplans. One of the first was http://www.projectai.com/ . There are flightplans also available in the AVSIM library.To benefit from additional AI Traffic, you also need to expand the gate system at most airports to support the increase in AI Traffic. Another program, AFCAD by Lee Swordy, provides the interface for making changes to the files that hold the gate information.

Hi, wsieffert.Thank you for the information. As for editing 'tools', aircraft design utilities, I am just not that good at understanding :(I appreciate the time you took, to give me all the information about gates and stuff, like that, but I need to do more reading, so that I can figure out what the heck I am doing.I had attempted to design a golf course, using the APCD that came with Links2001 Golf, but that was difficult to understand. I know some of the guys from the LC Forums, who design add-on courses for free downloads. They tell me that just the basic APCD program is not enough; usually, it takes a good 'Paint'/graphic editor program, in order to make your project really shine! Again... thanks for the reply, wsieffert!Stanley