Sign in to follow this  
Guest RYRvirtual

Autopilot Disconnect

Guest AerLingusFan

Hi this is a great product and have had no problems with it up until now. While I'm in-flight the autopilot will disconnect without warning. After a while of me turning it back on it disconnected again. I think it could have something to do with the fact that in this plane my joystick moves back and forth really hard and maybe that movement of the yoke causes the autopilot to dsiconnect?? If so how can I stop this from happening as it doesn't happen in any other plane????

Guest AerLingusFan

I've found out that this problem is actually to to the fact that I change views with my joystick and I've asked others about this problem and they've said they've had the same thing ahppen to them and the only way around it is to use the keyboard but the problem of the joystick shaking back and forth violently is still not fixed and I've tried altering the settings to reduce the effect of it but to no avail and I'm wondering maybe is there a chance the trimn could be causing it to do that if the trim were to be altering itself non-stop from 0-4 or something.

Guest Fodda

I suffered from this for quite a while and I eventually found that it's to do with setting up the Intuitive AP Disconnect feature in the Concorde Panel Config setup.Whilst I followed the tutorial I set the Intuitive AP and AT Disconnect keystrokes and had exactly the trouble you're having.What I hadn't noticed was that when I assigned the Keyboard Shortcuts, the Config program also set Button 2 on my joystick (cycle views) to the AP disconnect. I had the nasty problem of changing to VC or chase view and as soon as I did hearing the AP disconnect which was a pain.To fix it, open the Concorde Panel Config program, find the Intuitive AP Disconnect section (and any others as well whilst you're there) and make sure that any joystick button selection is set to NONE, or is set exactly as you want it. When you've changed each setting don't forget to press Assign, or it'll still happen.(Interestingly, the AT Intuitive Disconnect was assigned to button 24 on my stick... It doesn't have 24 buttons!)I hope that fixes your AP disconnect problem.As for the shaking stick, I learned the hard way that turning off FF for flight controls, gear up and ground rumble helped a lot. Not easy, but I can get the take-off pitch angles right pretty well every time now, and more importantly, smoothly. Just watch out for roll though as you'll have no feeling of where the stick centre is if it's like my FF joystick.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.