Sign in to follow this  
Guest thammond

ATC and JFK 22R autoland

Guest thammond

I tried flying the tutorial flight with air traffic control. Does anyone fly the PSS Concorde with FS9's ATC? It can get annoying. First they leveled me off in the middle of the cruise climb, than they kept bugging me about being below your assigned altitude during the final stages of the cruise climb, Then they started my decent to late, and I had to go around. Very frustrating, I like using ATC, but not like this.ATC had assigned me to runway 22L. I asked to switch to 22R because it is a longer runway. ATC allowed the request. However, the autoland brought me in off the side of the runway. I landed to the left of the runway. Any ideas on what caused this?

Guest AndrewW

thammond, "ATC had assigned me to runway 22L. I asked to switch to 22R because it is a longer runway. ATC allowed the request. However, the autoland brought me in off the side of the runway. I landed to the left of the runway. Any ideas on what caused this?"JFK

Guest DaveI

Hello FS ATC can be used successfully with Concorde but it does need to be manipulated a bit. I use it all the time.You will need to use the change altitude facility at the appropriate time to achieve climb and decent to the appropriate levels. Re runway changes I have found that the FS ATC engine sometimes does get confused so I just ignore the instructions that don't make sense. The problem with JFK 22R when using autoland is that the localiser is not lined up with the runway centerline, hence the autopilot will follow it and land the aircraft on the grass....Nasty !! This may be the real situation with the localiser on this runway at JFK so unless you can land Concorde visually then solution is to use AFCAD and tweak the localiser so it is properly aligned with the centerline. Alternatively again using AFCAD close the 22 runways to landing traffic completely....not absolutely dependable though I have found.Have fun !!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.