Sign in to follow this  
Guest VesMeister

Flight Saving Problems

Guest VesMeister

Having successfully completed the Tutorial flights from the holding short point (PSSconcorde_3)and embarking on my own trip from cold and dark at Heathrow, I have discovered that when saving my progress, my system does not seem to save the "filename".sav file in the PSS/Concorde folder of the default FS2004 directory as described on P26 of the manual. Indeed I find that none of my mid-tutorial saves did either.The other saved files (.WX,.pss ect) seem to save OK in the floder in My Documents.Anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong Thanks in advanceVM

Hi Ves,It should be saving your flights in the Flight Sim. Files yes the one in My Documents. Provided that you are selecting save flight from the Menu and typing in PSSconcorde_5 or what ever sequence of numbers you are using hope this helps. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Guest VesMeister

The problem is though that when I load the flight I have saved, the panel/switches are not in the same state as I left it.For example, I start Cold & Dark, undertake all the pre-engine start processes and then save the flight, say as "PSS_Concorde100" If I then later reload the saved version, none of the switches are as I left them.Reading the manual, P26 explains that the system should save a copy of the panel state with a file extension .sav into the PSS/Concorde folder.Checking this folder on my system shows no files with .sav apart from the basic 5 tutorial flights. However PSS_Concorde100.WX, PSS_Concorde100.pss are in My Documents folderHope this makes senseVM

Hi Ves,First of all in any more posts from you please sign your fullat the bottom of your page or I will not be able to help you.Now you will not find any files with ext.sav in the concorde folderI dont know why this is maybe someone from support will be able to answer that one for you. But I have no problems with saved flightspanels are all were i left them when i saved the flight. P.S Please read the rules of this Forum! Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.