Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris_Tripp

DHC8 Start

Guest Chris_Tripp

Query starting the DHC8 from "cold and dark".I follow the checklist (and embarassingly, I can't remember where I got it from) down to this point....BEFORE START BATTERY MASTER / MAIN / AUX ON EXTERNAL POWER or APU ON _VOLTS (overhead) APU START press APU PWR, press START wait for GEN WRN (yellow) press GEN WRN press BLAIR (bleed air) RECIRC / FC FAN ON A/COL light RED EMERGENCY LIGHTS ARMED PASSENGER SIGNS ON BLEED AIR OFF Question.... What is the "BLEED AIR OFF"....can't seem to find that......and... further... down to..BUS TIE OFF WINDSHIELD HEAT OFF or WARM-UP BATTERY TEMPS CHECKED BLEED AIR ON / NORM or MAX ..this one "BLEED AIR ON / NORM or MAX"can't find him either. Are they important or not modelled?Not a biggy, just curious and trying to get it "real"cheerstuppyChris TrippOrstralia

Guest Niels_C

Hi Chris,I'm not at home and I'm going on memory here.On the righthand side of the roofpanel, there are some switches for bleed air. The list refer to those flipswitches.The "Quadrant" the switches are in is called "Air Conditioning".(The "third segment" from top - "AC system" - "AC Control" -"Air Cond.")You can do a few tutorial flights. I did, and eventually the various"idiosyncracies" (I'm a bus guy) of the Dash grew on me.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.