Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Fuel load and Taxi speed

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,can anyone pease help me?1) i fill each FMC data suiting DASH8 LOADING scheme (today were 45 souls + 1900 lbs payload); my question is: both fuel quantity indicators are set to full load!!! Do have to manually operate under FS menu aircraftfuel? If i don't my plane always starts with full fuel load (useless on short flights).2) when i begin taxiing cannot stop my plane anymore also setting throttle levers to idle so i have to keep braking during all taxi time.it doesn't happen with different aircrafts! So what i should do?Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

1) I always load fuel from FS' fuel&payload dialog (except RFP 747), so I guess it's the same here. The FMC definitely doesn't load fuel, neither here nor in real life.2) Would yoke calibration help? Is your hardware throttle really at idle? Is engine really at idle (hit F1 repeatedly to check whether something changes)? Try disconnecting the joystick/hardware throttle to see if there's a differenceAndreas

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Andreas,>I always load fuel from FS' fuel&payload dialog...OK. But, how do i compute fuel quantity needed for a specific flightplan? I thought i could read somewhere into FMC those numberes, based on passengers aboard, payload and trip lenght.I usually generate my flightplans via FSNavigator but everytime it suggests me too small consumption, so i run out of fuel too early :-( Thanks againLuigi ;-)

Guest RampRat

with regards to the fuel. In real life the Dash8 is usually loaded to full fuel for its days work as it is anyways. Most airlines will fill the tanks and only refill when they need to, because the aircarft is such a qucik turn around. It would be like you only putting in enough petrol in your car to get where with some extra for a wrong turn or two, and a few stop lights.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

OBVIOUS!!! Sorry for the dumb question :-(Now i realize i have to take off with full loading....DHC8 it's not an heavy iron though!cheersLuigi ;-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.