Sign in to follow this  
Guest martin842

Unable to load Dash8

Guest martin842

I recently purchased the download version of the Dash8. I started FS2002, went to "Create a Flight", and attempted to load the Dash8. When I clicked "OK", I got the following error message:"Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 was unable to load some 3rd Party software. You can continue to use Flight Simulator but your 3rd Party software will be disabled.File: GAUGESPSS-Dash8.GAUFor more information on 3rd party software, see the Readme file in the Flight Simulator 2002 Program group in your start menu."Underneath this error message was an "OK" button. No matter how many times I clicked the "OK" button, the error message would not go away. Nor would CTRL+ALT+DEL work. Nor would ALT+TAB take me back to the desktop. The only thing I could do was to press the reset button on the front of the computer in order to do a hardware reboot.I looked through the forum but could only find one message thread relating to the same problem, and this thread ended rather inconclusively.My system is as follows:Windows 98 Second Edition with all the service packs and updatesFS2002NVIDIA GeForce 5900XT video card, with the latest driver (downloaded yesterday)FSUIPC.DLL v3.47 (the version installed by the Dash 8 installer)Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?Thanks for your help.Martin Gleeson

Guest Phoenix_7

as mentioned on the Product Info pageMINIMUM SPECS Dash 8FS2002 or FS2004 installed, it will not work in FS2000Windows Me and Win98 may not be compatible.Win XP or Win 2000 is recommended800 MHZ Processor200 MB of free disk space for installation128 MB of Ram Memory32 Mb Video RamJoystick or Yoke Highly recommendedthe following may work with win98/SE/MEadd gdiplus.dll to the following folder windowssystem32it can be downloaded herehttp://dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?gdiplusJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.