Sign in to follow this  
Guest JosephSpracklen

Lose Control of A320 when on panel mode

Guest JosephSpracklen

Hi,I have the A320 Pro pack (purchased directly from PSS) and it worked perfectly. However after installing the FS9 patch I am having major problems with it. Here is what is happening:When I am in the 2D panel view the aircraft does not respond to any joystick movements. The aircraft is completely uncontrollable and ends up doing a vertical nose dive into the ground. HOWEVER if I then switch to another view (VC, tower or external) the problem suddenly stops and the aircraft responds as usual. Even in the 2D panel view, if I press 'w' (to display the standard MS mini controls) the problem also goes away and the aircraft responds correctly. So there is obviously something in the 2D view that is making FS go insane!I have completely un-installed and re-installed the pack (and re-downloaded the installer). If I uninstall the FS9 patch (and leave the same FSUPIC version) the problem stops and the aircraft works perfectly.I have checked and the auto pilot is not engaged, I have not entered/programmed the FMC and have not made any changes to any of the product.I like having the patch installed so any help that anyone can give me as to any ideas as to what the problem might be I would be greatly apprechiated if you let me know.Thanks alotJoseph

Guest boy_thunder

Hi,Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing it... but it was extremely scary when my first take offs when swooping straight back into the ground.I tested the F/Ctl page on the display, and my joystick was showing no input except on the rudder and nose wheel...I set the plane up, and slewed to 20,000 feet to give the auto pilot a change to set the plane up and level off, but no, it just nose dived, even the auto seemed to be having no effect on the flight controls.Electronics, Hydraulics, Bleed etc all seemed to be set up, connected, and showed no errors in their feeds.Help :)

Guest NormanB

Check and report back you version of FSUIPC. My bet is that you have the version (cant remember the number just now) that Peter released to try and combat something else. Needless to say the version was superceded almost immediately.FSUIPC latest version can always be downloaded from Peter's site www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Guest boy_thunder

Okay dokey.. had a look, I'm on FSUIPC 3.4.0.0 and FS9.1.. Thanks for the quick reply.

Guest boy_thunder

Further to above, the next logical step was ofcourse to upgrade to the current 3.4.1.1... which gained nothing in control ability, flies perfect in 'minimal instruments' type mode, and spot, tower, V/c, but when you go back to the normal panels to make some adjustments, check out the instruments etc, weeeee she is instantly attracted to the earth.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.