Sign in to follow this  
Guest VC10

A320/340 Cockpit Errors

Guest VC10

I am a Licensed Airframe/Engine engineer on, amongst other a/c, the 320 and 340. I recently bought the PSS Airbus's in the hope it would give me a better understanding of the FMS system (I know it has it's limitations). I would however like to point a couple of errors in the Flt Dk of these a/c.1. Centre Wing Tank (CWT) Fuel pumps.The whole cockpit pholosophy is if all is working as advertised its lights out. I have noticed that when the CWT is empty the fuel pnl is displaying fault lights for the CWT pumps. This is incorrect. If the tank is empty the Fuel Management Computers know the tank is empty and turn the pumps off. With the pumps off the Flight Warning Computers know the pump low pressure switches will sense low pressure and that is normal - So no fault lights. If a fault light is on there will be an associated ECAM message.2. Engine Start.At no time are the EGT boxes or any other indication blank. They either indicate the actual present reading (when the EEC is powered) or amber XX's with the EEC off. When the engines are shut down, the EEC remains powered for 5 mins, so the EWD should indicate actual parameters for 5 mins before reverting to amber XX's.Althoufgh tese are critcism's I mention them with a view to improving the product.

Guest VC10

Why wasn't the trim tank modelled?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.