Sign in to follow this  
Guest FLEX_45

A320 Stuttering observations......worths the try!

Guest FLEX_45

Hello,Firstly I would like to make myself clear that the following observations are based on my system and have not been tested on any other system thus it may not work for all but I believe it worths the try! :-)After a whole week+ of trying to fine-tune PSS A320 on my system to run as smooth as possible, I finally came up with the following results!If you have edited FS9.CFG and changed:(GRAPHICS)SEE_SELF=1 to SEE_SELF=0and(PANELS)IMAGE_QUALITY=1 to IMAGE_QUALITY=0.....thinking of better FPS, should have helped increase your Frames by ~10% ........ however these two edits cause a lot of stuttering (especially at low altitudes)......enabling these two options, yes, you lose 1-3 fps but you get a much more smoother, stutter-free experience!!! Don't ask why, I don't know either.....the point is, this is what happens on MY system with PSSA320.I thought I would share this with you and I hope it helps you fly stutter-free as well :-)Happy FlyingMarios.P4 CPU@3.0Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 mobo Gainward GeForce4 256MB DDR (nVidia 62.20)Maxtor S-ATA 80GB HDD512MB RAM (Kingston 400) - Running Dual ChannelDirectX 9.0b

Guest pinokio

But if you change to SEE_SELF=0, you will not see landing lights from 2D panel.

Guest FLEX_45

I am not saying to change it to 0.....what I am saying is that if you have already changed it to 0, putting it back to 1 as it is by default will cause less stuttering.In other words my suggestion is, don't change it to 0 to gain 2-3 extra fps....leave it at 1 to have fs run more smoothly! :-)Marios

Guest pinokio

I'm sorry. I've read it too quickly.I'm stup;d. :)

Guest FLEX_45

No prob, it can happen to all of us! :-)Marios

I have noticed that while taxiing the A320 it will rock or shake, and sometimes the ground will shake too... Very odd, is that what you are referring to?

Guest FLEX_45

I 'm sorry but I didn't understand what you mean.Can you please be more specific?Marios

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.