Sign in to follow this  
Guest flashnurse

Airbus 3XX is moving at idle thrust with brakes on

Guest flashnurse

Hi, after engine startup my A321 is very slowly moving forward eventhough the parking brakes are on and thrust is set to idle (hit F1 and check joystick thottle is 0 as well).It's not normally a problem if I wait for engine start until pushback to the ramp. But if I start the engines at the gate, the airplane will crash into the terminal eventually, or if I line up behind another aircraft at the hold, it will drive itself into that aircraft.Also the brakes will get very hot up to 8-900 degrees, with parking brake on at idle thrust.Is this normal for a 'bus? Will the airplane move forward at idle thrust, even with parking brakes on?CheersJens NielsenScandinavian Virtual Airlineshttp://www.scandinavian-va.net/

Guest vrandar

Just a suggestion but it sounds like you might need to recalibrate the throttle setting in FSUIPC. Go to the joystick page and then the throttle settings are in the bottom right quadrant.

Guest zip

Two things I can think of:There is a bug in FS if you are looking left from center where the plane will drift even with brakes on.Also, while you may have brakes, if you have no hydraulics, you actually do not have brakes (experience from the 742).Hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.