Sign in to follow this  
Guest spike

Flight Level Question

Guest spike

Hi allWhat calculations govern the Altitude? When I load my passengers, cargo and fuel then enter details i.e ZFW ect then decide to use lets say FL30 I get the crz FL eror and have to reduce the flight level.ThanksSpike :-)

Guest chris brown

Really easy this one (I hope) FL 30 = 3000 feet... you need to type in FL 300 (hope that was a typo) ;-) The lowest FL in the UK is FL 35 (3500 feet with 1013 set on the Alt) The other thing I have found is this happens on short hops where there is not time to get to the requested FL (TOC)BEFORE TOD the FMS really dosn't like that at all.:-lol

Guest spike

Thanks ChrisI am now getting to grips with the finer points of flying the AirBus, What I have found in my case (and I apologize to PSS)is that I dont understand the complex workings, and too quick to blame the airbus, when in fact it is myself the more I learn the better my AirBus flys. (What I need is an idiots guide) A bad workman always blames his toolsSpike :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.