Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

Did anyone else buy a refurb throttle from Elite?

I was wondering if anyone else had purchased one of the refurb throttle quadrants from Elite a few weeks back. I got the last King Air quadrant, received it a couple of days ago and basically have had nothing but problems with it since. I dont want to start any public mud-slinging here, so please either send me a private message on these forums or email me if you have any experience at all running a throttle quadrant from Elite in FS2002 under WinXP. Thank you.CraigEDIT: whoops, guess I dont have my email showing in my profile...its iowapilot@hotmail.com.

Guest lawyerpilot

Make sure to delete the throttle assignment that you used previously by unchecking the box. I used a CH pro yoke, and deleted the throttle assignment and axis. Then start up FS2k2, and calibrate elite throttle under menu bar "elite" menu after starting. if you got it to work , even for a minute, that rules out power problems or serioal cable problems. I had to delete the module once, and reinstall the driver, but then it worked fine after that. Spotty before that though.Christopher

Well, I have narrowed my problem down to 1 of 2 things. Either I have a faulty UCI box, or the throttle itself is bad. I have gotten it to work a few times, but only once before having to delete the dll and reinstalling it each time. Now thats not working either. The yellow light on the UCI box stays a steady color instead of blinking like it should, and the gears that turn the pot for the right condition lever dont turn either. Support from Elite has been pretty good, but so far they havent given me a good impression on quality of product. Elite is sending me a new UCI box to determine if that is the problem. If not, I will be returning the quadrant for warranty repair or the last resort, a refund.Are you using WinXP, and if so, which dll version are you using? Elite had to email me an older version of the dll because I couldnt get it to calibrate, even though it was recognized fine. Also, do you have the King Air quadrant? Just trying to get the whole picture here. I have a feeling that I got a bad quadrant, but hoping for that UCI box to fix the problem.Craig