Sign in to follow this  
Guest petepawn

Changing the runway..??

Guest petepawn

Now I'll tell you a confusing story (for my part..)..I made a VATSIM-flight with A321. It was LHBP-EDDM. I programmed MCDU as normal ( and I've done that a couple of times - just look my vatsim statistics..). I had an idea, because of the wx, that it would be rwy 08 L/R in Munich - and I made a STAR from my entering point to 08R (just a guess).When I arrived in the Munich Radar area, the controller kindly advised me that "expect ils rwy 26R". Ok. I made a change succesfully. Then I was handed off to EDDM arrival. He gave me vectors, I followed, and after going too much west I politely asked him if I was really to land 26R... No, he told me to expect 08R. No prooblem... but this was to be a major problem: MCDU had "closed" the plan and no changes was possible. Then I tried several times to change the frq (for ILS) on the MCDU's radnav page, but always after about 1 second it returned to the one of 26R... fortunately, after been told of this problem, the atc team let me land to 26R, but my question is how to act in these kind of circumstances..?You go away from the original fltplan, change rwys (maybe more than once), and have to change the frq of the nav radio (and course) manually. How?

Guest SHIPP_WAVEY

I have also had that same problem, only I wasn't flying online and I was listening to live atc for JFK. I was flying in from Boston (Logan Intl.)and had the mcdu set up nicely. When I got to JFK however, I had to change runways. What I did was reload the flight plan and just change the runway at the JFK arrival page. Because of this, I got into the habit of saving my flght plans :)

:)When it happens to me, I just type my airport name in scratchpad and insert it as a standalone entry in the blank flight plan.Then Im able again to select it as a arrival airport and select the correct RWY, STAR, TRAN, whatsoever.If it refuses entry, check the INIT page. The arrival airport code must be entered in the TO: field.

Guest petepawn

Thx for the replies, guys!I remember having tried entering EDDM in "FLTPLAN" page with error msg... I'll try your suggestions.Petteri PulkkinenEFHK

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.