Sign in to follow this  
Guest RampRat

lost all my textures

Guest RampRat

Hey guys. This one has me stumped. I just had my graphics card upgraded to an ATI 9200se 128 DDR Video and since then i have been having issues with all of my PSS Textures. All of my PSS A/C textures have gone. All im looking at is a grey A/C. Somethimes i will have half the aircraft load with textures but it'll be missing parts(just grey). All my default A/C have no issues.Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks Guys.BTW. i have the A32X/A330 and A340 all of them are having the same issues.Chris

Guest RampRat

So after a full re-install of all the PSS aircraft i have. I can now load the aircraft with all the textures...but within a few minutes i get a black screen with the following message:Scenery read error. Attempting to open a nonexisting directory:c:program filesmicrosoft gamespssab-protexture.When i get FS back my aircraft is there but without textures...just the Grey. i have sounds and everything...just no textures.Anyone have any ideas???Thanks Chris

I was just doing a forum search on this problem and I have the exact same problem. I've reported it before without resolution.Does anyone have any ideas here?

Guest Phoenix_7

the product does not have even install the folderc:program filesmicrosoft gamespssab-protexture.I would suggest going to the Phoenix sitere downloading the latest 'base' installerre installing the productJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

I think I should go through this in more detail.I have uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS2004; in between I deleted every single setup file including the hidden directories; I have downloaded the latest PSS files (as of Thursday July 7th); I have checked your other posts where you ran through the files that should be there and they're all there; I have copied the missing directory to my main directory, to Program Files, to Microsoft Games; I've removed and reseated my video card; I've downloaded my new video drivers (and tried multiple versions of my drivers); I've fully upgraded windows. Nothing has fixed this problem. It doesn't manifest with any other planes other than the PSS Airbus Pro and 330/340 that I have purchased from you folks. I have not added any new planes other than yours and I haven't modified the game in any way whatsoever other than installing the 9.1 patch. That includes no installed skins.Let me know what further information you need to diagnose this issue and provide me with a fix.

Guest Phoenix_7

not sure what you mean by"I have copied the missing directory to my main directory, to Program Files, to Microsoft Games"copied what from where?you should not need to do anything but run the installerJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

I don't doubt that all I should have to do is run the installer. I did that as my last post described in detail. Yet I'm still having the problem. I also brought this problem to you four or more months ago and downloaded and installed the lastest AirbusPro. I uninstalled and reinstalled MS2004, got new drivers, etc..So once again, I have done all that typical reinstall and drivers stuff and am looking for the next layer of tech support.As to why I copied the PSS/Textures directory, I did so because it's the directory that I'm getting the error message that the directory can't be found. So I'm placing it in various places where it could be found.I reference this thread for you:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search

As above, I have installed nothing other than MS2004, Patch 9.1, and AirbusPro. I have in the past added liveries and had the same thing happen.I am finding it with all three plane types and all varients. Sometimes when I load the game I can spawn and all textures are available until a few minutes have passed. It begins, typically, with the internal cockpit textures not being available, when I look externally the wheels and a few around the engines and/or wings are gone, after a few more minutes all textures are gone and it's just the grey plane.The last time I started the game all textures were missing even in the preview screen before launching into the arena and the plane showed up null in the game.It's pretty clear to me that there's a texture loading or clearing error of some type as the problem is degenerative, and it's not actually related to the file call since the program does seem to be able to find the files at some point to get the textures right.Incidently, just for fun I was running my temperature probe on my video card and motherboard and that's not it. The problem occured with the same basic pattern regardless of temperature and did not occur with other planes.

I found the solution to my problem. ==================http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=4647&page=2==================John,Success but for a different reason!I had already re-installed everything, including FS9. Yesterday I noticed the same problem on another 3rd party plane, thus changing everything.After hectic searching discovered it was the memory usage settings:-System-advanced-performance-settings-advanced-memory usageChanging this back to "programs" rather than "system cache" and fixed everything.Thanks for the help.BL==================

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.