Sign in to follow this  
Minos

GMAX and FSDS2 compatibility for FS2K4

Does anyone know whether or not the new FSDS2 will be compatible with FS2k4. I have heard that FS2k4 Will only support Gmax models, also it will not be backward compatible as in the past.R.Taylor

Guest Milton

The important thing here is that the model (.mdl) file structure or the interface requirement is documented by MS for any 3D tool. The plugins are used to provide the interface between the 3D tool and the MakeMdl program which generates the .mdl file.Assuming that MS documents any changes in the .mdl structure (or interface file), then FSDS2 or any other tool could be updated to support it.I hear that MS intends to do this, the question of course is one of timing.Last I heard, Louis Sinclair will definitely work with whatever is provided to ensure compatibility.Milton

HOW COULD WE KNOW????????? HOW COULD WE KNOW?????????? HOW COULD WE KNOW???????????:-mad :-fume :-8 Minos PS: Are you eager to see time running? If so you can still ask whether your coffin will be FS2004 compatible...