Sign in to follow this  
Guest bunchie

A340 poor frame rates

Guest bunchie

I've purchased the A340 download version from PSS and the general frame rate hit is catastrophic... we're talking 8-9fps in 2d cockpit!I have the A320 pro cd version with no such problems.The only way I can improve frame rates is by reducing the gauge update frequency in the FMC options. This unfortunately renders the aircraft unflyable with the gauges limping along displaying last months information!I've searched these forums and there doesn't seem any specific answers ... does anyone else suffer this?I run a AMD Barton 3200 cpu, 1 gig ram, radeon 9800 pro card. I use FSautostart and activesky 2004.5. These however do not make any difference to performance. ( I've tried without)Help gratefully received.PS. I've tried the updated aircraft config and air files.Thanks, Stuart

Guest Phoenix_7

impossible to say really why some get good frame rates and other poor with the same systems, updated drivers, XP updates/settings, directx version, anti virus softwarewhat drivers are you using for the 9800 ?what do you have your setting sliders at ?John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest bunchie

Hi Phoenix7,I run Catalyst 5.3 drivers.The settings sliders in the ATI control panel are set 4X AA, 16X antiostrophic filtering (whatever it's called) .In the sim all settings are just below max.PSS mcdu refresh rates have been set to all sorts of combinations to no real improvement. However the A320 has its refresh rates to max (in the mcdu) and runs smooth as silk.Frame rate is locked at 21 fps.I have many complex add on aircraft such as pmdg 737 and your a320 with no probs. Poor frame rate seems specifically linked to the A340 gauges. When you reduce the gauge refresh rate, the sim frame rate goes up but the aircraft is then unflyable due to the poor performance of the gauges.I hope you can fix this... it's driving me mad.Thanks, Stu

Hi I have found that AA seems to hit the Airbus A330/340 harder then any other add on i have , i can normally fly my other aircraft with about 4XAA and 8AAF ( some times 8xS AA and 2xAF ) but with the 330/340 i have to turn off AA compleatly , also turning down the VC Gauge detail to low helps too if you use the 2D , with regards to the FMC performance numbers i keep the main two gauges at 1 and the others at about 3-4 . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.