Sign in to follow this  
Guest prodway2004

Airbus 320 Seems to slow down in cruise

Guest prodway2004

Hi,iv recently been flying my airbus 320 and have noticed whilst cruising the speed dropping down from what iv inputed in the FMC 290 to sometimes below 200 and then goes into a stall,i keep the thrust on climb whilst cruising is this correct?Iv gone to the tutorial flight which dosent state anything other than Climb whilst climbing and cruising.Any help would be great,Cheers.Paul.

Guest Phoenix_7

probably wind effect on the aircraftif you have the registered version of fsuipcgo to the 'winds' tab and disable wind effectsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest prodway2004

Hi,I dont have the registered version of fsuipc,i also use activesky,with this have an effect?i think this post also relates to the "eratic pitching" post on this forum.Its happenened that many times im about to give up with it,which is a shame cause it was great when i used it with fs2002.Paul.

Guest dt1951

Get your FSUIPC registered if possible. It can help immensely with lots of ills. My 320 airspeed is pretty rock solid when at cruise altitude. The guys at PSS really did a great job with that. I do get fluctations because of wind changes. I use Active Sky as my weather program. It's the best,IMHO. It isn't perfect, but it does a pretty good job of wind transitions. The changes aren't as abrupt (which probably causes much of the troubles you are seeing). One question though. Have you checked your panel to ensure your Nav modes are correct?Dan

Guest mvld

Sure you turned on pitot heat?I had the same problem, and turned out to be just severe pitot icing.

Hi.If is simulated, Probe Heating works automatically on ground when at least one engine is running (low level) and in flight ;-)Edin>Sure you turned on pitot heat?>I had the same problem, and turned out to be just severe pitot>icing.>

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.