Sign in to follow this  
Guest pyeman

PSS A330 etc

Guest pyeman

hi there this is my first post so sorry if it in the wrong placejust one major question ,i have been trying to incorperate the pss A330 better into fs by using the atc . i use fsbuild to create a route ,i have activesky for the weather. i use fuel loader for the fuel .everything is great. i take off fly the route get to the destination airport, only to be informed by atc that a different runway is in use to the one i have programed into the fmc and that all the ai aircraft from ultimate traffic are landing at it, so after 2 minuits of frantick fannyarsing with the fmc everything goes #### up and im left to do a manuel approach the likes of which a 1920's barnstormer would be proud of.help please what do i need to do to change the fmc with out requesting a diferent runway from atc..please make it simple 1,2,3 steps thanks ...............................................................PYEMAN

Guest bega

I think you can just go to the Flight Plan page, go down to the destination airport and select a different runway. Im not sure though, I never had to change it.

Guest vrandar

Select LSK6L on the F-PLAN page (the destination airport), this brings up the LAT REV page. Select LSK1R Arrival. From the runway list that appears select the left LSK next to the new runway. A list of STARS will appear, select the left LSK next to the one that is most appropriate. Select LSK next the STAR you want. On the ND you will see the route of the STAR in yellow dashes so you can see it's the correct one, pick a different one if not.Press LSK6R Insert.

I simply don't input the arrival runway until ATC don't instruct me which one I have to land on.When it does, I input it in the FMC and then close route discontinuities (if any).Stefano

Guest bega

>I simply don't input the arrival runway until ATC don't>instruct me which one I have to land on.>When it does, I input it in the FMC and then close route>discontinuities (if any).>>StefanoI'm guessing thats how its done in real world?

Guest vrandar

it depends on the airport, in may you can guess which runway it's going to be, for example due to the preferential runway systems at EGLL and EGKK you can input the arrival runway while flight planning based on expected winds and be fairly sure you won't have to change it. But even if you do, it's so quick to do it should be a problem.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.