Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dimon1971

A340 and saved flights.

Guest Dimon1971

I was doing EGLL-KJFK and decided to stop in the middle and save the flight. When I reloaded my flight via 'My Saved Flights", I was able to run FMC, load flightplan info, but the PFD and other monitors were black. So, the flight was killed.Any techniques here to save FPs correctly?Best Regards,Dmitiry Toropov

Guest NormanB

When you reload the saved flight, and the same is true for every other addon of that era, some additional info, such as panel states, are not saved - FS doesn't cater for it.As it stands, you are nearly there. Once you load your saved situation simply go to aircraft, load aircraft and you will have all displays active. This assumes you werre in 2d mode inside the aircraft at the time.

Guest vrapp

You can save and load the plan in MCDU/DATA.However, the state of all non-fs-native systems is not saved because FS does not know about them. If you have configured your panel to start in cold and dark mode, that's what it will be after you restore the flight.PSS recommends always starting the flight with another airplane and then changing to Airbus. However, PSS does not properly initialize all their environment even in cold and dark mode, and some results depend on the settings in other airplanes. This problem is addressed in Concorde - there PSS monitors if there was a save, and saves its own state into a separate file.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.