Sign in to follow this  
Guest michi

PFD Flight Mode Annunciator (FMA)

Guest michi

I am just wondering if I am the only one with this problem, but During the cruise, the FMA works normally, until I pass the TD, there then apears the word "decelerate". The wierd thing is that I cannot remove this message unless I go into managed descent. Once I do that I can go back to open descent and everything is fine.Another problem is when it tells me "more drag." Even after deploying my spoilers, it stays there until I shutdown my engines at the gate! Is there a trick to that?PS: Sorry for this long post, but is it also normal that the "takeoff memo" apears after landing? I would be happy for any suggestions! :-)Michi

Guest vrandar

Decelerate: I haven't had this for a while but if I recall correctly that will happen if you go into open descent directrly from the cruise at ToD as the computers are expecting managed speed. More Drag: this will usually occur if you start yur descent some way after the top of descent. Use the speedbrakes on the pedestal (or the "/" key")to control this.Takeoff Memo: yes this is quite normal.

Guest michi

So for decelerate, I would need to descend in managed speed?More Drag: I see, but the problem is that the message remains there even after landing and engine shut down. I just think this is kind of wierd.Thanks for the info :-)Michi

The word DECELERATE is displayed because thats is where the FMGCs calculated that you should start your descent, preferrably in managed mode. The MORE DRAG message appears until your speed is within the 2 magenta tick marks on the speed tape. As for the takeoff menu, that usually appears after taxiing for 2 minutes. Thats normal, in case you forget to check your takeoff config prior to taxi, In real life this would not be displayed beacause the FMGC would recognize the aircraft being in flight phase 8 (there are 10 phases of flight in the Airbus that the computers use to identify different computations to be done), where as in FS9, there is no way for a differentiaton of any type of flight phase, other then on ground or off.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.