Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

A340 makes ATC silent

Guest pegase

Thanks Norman,I already do like this:-The Airbus is set cold and dark from the PSS panel utility-The Ctrl J key is assigned to battery switch on off-I start with the default MS B737-400-After verification that all electrics works I load the A340-As soon as loaded I switch the battery on from overhead panel-Veryfy the crt displays ar on-Connect to ground power-Start APU and switch on the APU generator.After this I tried several possibilities like keeping ther ground power until Push Back, until engine start, or switch off as soon as APU gen is on.Tried to leave APU generator on even after engines are on etc.No change, everything is OK for a while, then ATC, lights and NAV switch off for a while, comes back for a while, switch off again and so on.So, currently I start with default plane and then, after check, I load the A340.I will try to save once the A340 is loaded and restart directly loading this last saved flight and let yuou know the result.

Guest NormanB

I never fly offline and I know Rob rarely flies offline either. I will try and get a chance tonight to try my 340 offline. Is there a flight you would like me to try?

Guest pegase

No, I did not see, so far, any issue flying on line or off line. (anyway, I most often fly online for the real weather)The blocking problem is really the electric problem related to the battery discharge:Whatever I set about batteries, ground power, APU generator or Engine generators, the following items stop working after some tenth minutes- COM- ATC- VOR- External lights- Gear operationsfor information, the following still works:- MCDU - ECAM, - EFIS, - Autopilot

Guest vrandar

Sorry, it is my fault for not letting you know that I am still trying to reproduce your problem using every parameter and combination of FSUIPC, FS and PSS settings thatI can think of. Unsuccessful so far but I will have another go in an hour or so after dinner.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest pegase

Thanks RobIn the mean time I just tried Norman's idea above but no changes, the electrics went out while entering data in the MCDU (which still seems OK)Just as usual, no radio (nav or com), no external lights (except logo ;) )

Guest vrandar

With the engines on you should not be losing hydraulic pressure but your symptoms indicate to me that this might be happening although I could't reproduce your problem exactly. Firstly, when the symptoms hit after ten minutes could you let me know what the lower ECAM hydraulics page is showing on each of the green, blue and yellow systems and the right-hand green system (a screenshot would be great). You should see the pumps ON (a solid green line through the box) with pressure at about 3000, but if you've got something different then this is the problem.To overcome it try this: in the overhead panel go to the Hydraulics Section. Open the guarded switch on the green system (marked "auto") and turn it ON. Do the same for the standby switch on the blue system and the auto switch on the yellow channel. On the HYD page of the lower ECAM you should then see that all return to a pressure reading of 3000. Secondly, make sure the right hand green system (engine 4) is not switched off under the guarded switch. If it is and the electric pump and engine pump switches for the blue and yellow systems are also off then pressure will slowly drop taking about ten minutes to get to zero.So, make sure everything on the hydraulics panel is switched ON and see if that solves it. But assuming it doesn't I'll keep the thinking cap on and the wine bottle cap off for the time being. But my gut feeling is that it's hydraulics system related.Edit: hmmm, even with all systems off I couldn't reproduce the problem and still had gear, lights and everything else avaialble. So it probably isn't my hydraulics solution although I still recommend you check everything on that panel is ON when the problem occurs.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Pierre; Please confirm that you have installed the full registered version 3.53 of FSUIPC, that you have checked the "extend battery life" option in the technical tab of the FSUIPC configuration page, and that you have entered 0 in the factor block of the same option. This seems pretty clearly to me to be the MSFS battery glitch, and I know of no reliable way to avoid it other than by doing those things which I just asked about. What "should" work with generator and APU power switch settings in FS9 does not generally work...lots of chaff and noise here with recommendations for panel settings that just won't help if this is indeed the FS9 dead battery problem.Good luckBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest vrandar

Yes, earlier in the thread I said I thought it was the dead battery glitch but we don't seem to have got much further which was why I was looking elsewhere for possiboe alternatives.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Roger that, Rob...but I can't find anything that confirms the right corrective action was ever taken for the batt problem. I suspect he may have just installed the registered FSUIPC without properly configuring it.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest pegase

Thanks for your tries and information.It seems rather an electric problem as the flaps and all ailerons, rudder and stabilizer operate properly.Pierre;Please confirm that you have installed the full registered version 3.53 of FSUIPC, that you have checked the "extend battery life" option in the technical tab of the FSUIPC configuration page, and that you have entered 0 in the factor block of the same optionNB: I don't have for now the registered version 3.53 of FSUIPC. I did not see in the product specifications if FSUIPC is requiered for your A340. Is it?As anyway, I will need FSUIPC for some traffic utilities, I will install, register it and let you know. Hopefully tonight.

Guest pegase

Thanks LuigiOn my side the problem is solved by the easy way: Endless battery option on FSUIPC. Then, the plane is fully flyable. And it is really great :)Just a suggestion about this: Tell registered FSUIPC is necessay on the product requirement specification. 20

Guest NormanB

Registered FSUIPC is not required however makes life much more simple.That

Guest rhartea

I have the airbus pro package, and at cold start to batterys on etc, the atc works along with the nav lights etc; however, after a few minutes or so, the nav lights stop working and the atc gone. This is due to battery dead. I have emailed the pss folks, and their recommendation(s) did not work. I have a shareware version of a 319/320, and I reviewed the specs since their nav lights and atc work all the time, but when applied to the pss, nada - still didn't work. Most unusual, and I am getting upset over this because it is a hot product going very cold for me.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.