Sign in to follow this  
Guest G3oW0RK

This descent rate is strange

Guest G3oW0RK

Hello,First of all, i don't have anymore the problem i had with FSUIPC.dll on the climb rate. The solution is simply to use the version installed with the A3XX Base pro package (5.4) and to check that "Disco A/P axis" is not checked on the technical table in the option of the modules.Still one problem, i can't manage to get a nice descent rate. When the descent arrow approach, i select the correct altitude writen on the MCDU on the F-PLAN page then i knob the select altitude button and the descent start with a descent rate of -5000/-6000 feet. It's a bit too much isn't it?So my question is: When i pull the knob altitude selection button, does the a/p adapt the descent rate to get the selected altitude at the next waypoint or could it end the descent sometimes 10 or 15 nm before the waypoint.Please enlighten my life :).Regards,Geoffrey "G3oW0RK" BALDET

Guest vrapp

Try this: _before_ reaching the "top of descend" arrow in flight plan, set the altitude to minimum, which is 10, and push the knob. Watch the magenta dot on the right side of ND - the plane should be trying to keep it in the middle.Vadim Rapp

Guest vrandar

I quite often find that careful use of the V/S knob in the early stages of the descent helps. Also, make sure you start your descent before the top of descent, not at it.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.