Sign in to follow this  
Nige

Airbus now unflyable with AP

I used to love this plane!*used to* being the operative words.Flew it a few months ago - no problems at all.Flew the A319 today, and the autopilot just will not respond properly.I've spent the whole afternoon setting up a flightplan, taking off, manually flying up to about 9,000 ft, then engaging the autopilot, only for the plane to plummet to the ground.Trying to expedite a climb, and the plane just keeps on climbing, even though the ALT aquired light come on as it thunders through.Try to descend, and it totally ignores the ALT setting.I've tried:Loading default flight before AirbusSetting pitch to -2.0UPMaking sure speed isn't too high.I've flown this plane many times before with no problems.I hope it's just a co-incidence that I just installed the PSS 777, but this could have anything to do with this behaviour?Thanks

Sorry - Can you delete this post please!I eventually found the post that solved it - FSUIPC setting!

Rob,Sorry, should have mentioned it:"Disconnect elevator trim axis for A/P" was the FSUIPC setting causing the problem. If its checked, then the Airbus goes bananas!I recall that I was trying to see if I could alleviate the Feelthere EMB145's response to my yoke when the autopilot is on (wanders all over the shop!). I must have misunderstood this setting in FSUIPC and checked it - but made the schoolboy error of not unchecking it when it had no effect on the 145!There's another post with the same problem/solution on this forum.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.