Sign in to follow this  
Bera

A330 flex takeoff problem

Hello,I did some flights with A330 and noticed this issue both with 200 and 300 series. Once flex takeoff eg -50 my ac does not accelarate after 80 - 100 knts even at very light loads (EHAM-EGLL). If toga used it seems to have way too much power and shoots off like a rocket (>25 deg pitch angle excess of 5000 ft/min) right after rotation - not very realistic. Funny enough accelation to 80knt's seems to be roughly the same.I am using latest B. Scott improved fde - Once this problem was noticed I did install the flight model again as per intructions.Anyone else having same issue? Am I missing something? Perttu

Guest vrandar

If I understand you correctly you are setting the flex to minus 50 which is probably a bit much. -25 to -30 at a low-elevation airport is probably sufficient.The other issue is the climb: you should set your trim to something like -1.8UP. Use the Home and End keys to change the trim and watch the reading in the middle of the F/CTRL page on the lower ECAM. This should help you maintain V2+10 after takeoff (shown by the magenta triangle on the speedtape)Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Hi Rob,Thanks for the reply. Indeed with -30 flex she accelerates ok and initial climb around 20 deg. So close enough for me...What is interesting with -50 flex she does not accelarate beyond 100 knts. That is with only difference of 4-5% in N1 value 88->93...Best Rgs Perttu

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.