Sign in to follow this  
Guest pnog

How to disconnect Autothrottle ??

Guest pnog

Hi,I'm using a normal boeing quadrant with my pss A340, Ican I disable the autothrottle and use it like a normalplane ??Thanks.Pedro

Guest Phoenix5

>Hi,>>I'm using a normal Boeing quadrant with my pss A340, I>can I disable the auto throttle and use it like a normal>plane ??>>Thanks.>PedroPedro,This kind of defeats the purpose of flying an Airbus, does it not?The auto throttle on the airbus does not operate like a Boeing, it moves through gates, and stays in the appropriate gate for the phase of flight. This is modelled by the number pad + and - keys. Using any other method will cause autopilot issues for the flight, as the expected throttle conditions will not be available when the autopilot is engaged.

Guest pnog

Hi,But on the real Airbus, the red button on the left and right of the throttle is for disconnecting the AutoThrottle ?? Isn't it ??Another question is if it is possible to assign diferent keys forthe different detents ?? That would help to make my quadrant compatible with airbus.With only pad+ and - is much more difficult to do it.Many Thanks.Pedro

Don't fly the Pss airbus anymore but you should download "thr.zip" from the avsim library just do a search for pss thr or something like that.... it's been a while but it adds gate's to your throttle quadrant just like the real aircraft. Worked fine with my Saitek x-52 Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Guest pnog

Thanks for you suggestion. Already downloaded it, but Inmy case I have 4 lever for A340, I think thr.zip is made to work with only one lever.Regards.Pedro Nogueira

Guest pnog

I would like to ask again ro Steven from PSS Support, ifit's possible to disengage the auto-throttle on thePSS A340.Thanks.Pedro

Guest Phoenix5

As stated before, you must use the "+" and "-" keys of the number pad to operate the throttle. The use of a throttle quadrant will cause autopilot issues.

Guest pnog

So the answer is "no" ??In real world, Airbus Pilots use a lot the manual Throttle.My throttle is already working with detents and works nice, butnow I want to include the red button for disengage the AT and startworking manual.So you're saying that I don't have any option (mouse or keyboard key)to associate with my red button and have to buy another A340 from other vendor ??Thanks.Pedro.

Guest pnog

OK, I will look at another Vendor.

Guest vrandar

No it's not possible. In the real aircraft it would normally only be disengaged in non-normal circumstances. Airline SOPs are usually to leave it engaged throughout. It strikes me that you are trying to fly the Airbus as though it were a Boeing, but the philosophy is very different.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest Airbus_A340

Yes it is true that it is recommended for the bus to be flown with the A/THR, though it's not hard SOP in some airlines. For example in my airline, it may be disconnected if the A/THR is not controlling speed accurately enough on approach or is not satisfying the performance of the operation.Also a perfect example of requiring to disconnect the autothrust system is in a engine failure in the cruise. A drift-down may be necessary, so MCT will obviously need to be selected. But in order for the aircraft to drift down, you would need to disconnect the A/THR and decelerate to green dot and pull for speed and descend (in this case elevators manipulating to hold green dot speed, best lift/drag ratio, perfect if your over high terrain). I suppose flightsim has its limitations, and not everything can be simulated/made, but it's good enough for what it is. Though having said that, I have to say, we do practice manual thrust flight in the sims a lot of the time.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.