Sign in to follow this  
andreasft

2D Cockpit views

Oh yes. Thats a thumbs up for me as well.I use 2d cockpit all the time.Btw. Has there been info that it will only contain a VC cockpit and not a 2d?

Hi Andreas,No, as John said, there has never been any announcement on whether or not there will be 2D cockpit views included in the 757 package. Hopefully, there will be though.Since every aircraft produced by PSS in the last couple of years has only included virtual cockpit views, except for their recent Concorde package, I was assuming that it would be the same for the 757 too. I hope not to be perfectly honest.Regards,Lee.

Guest NormanB

Every PSS aircraft available on the web site includes a 2D panel. This includes the Concorde.

Norman,I am fully aware that every aircraft you have produced has a 2D panel. That isnt what I mean.I am actually referring to the 2D cockpit views that were included in your original 747 and 777 packages and that are still included in the majority of other packages by other developers.It seems a shame to have virtual cockpit views only, especially when in my opinion, they look no where near as good as proper 2D hand drawn or photorealistic cockpit views.Regards,Lee.

Guest Phoenix_7

the 'never' reply was to the questionBtw. Has there been info that it will only contain a VC cockpit and not a 2d?John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

John,I do not wish to get into a row with you over this. No, there hasnt been anything official by yourselves to say otherwise. However, like I said, given that your last load of aircraft have only included 2D panels with virtual cockpit (not 2D cockpit views), I am only assuming that your new packages will be the same. Hence the reason why I asked the question.Because you havent official stated anything, I thought I would put my query to you early before you get too far into the development to say that it was too late to add 2D cockpit views, thats all.With one liner replies to genuine queries like mine, it makes me feel guilty for posting anything at all.

Guest Phoenix_7

I never answered your messageI was answering the message by 'andreasft'who asked if we would only have a VC panel and not a 2D panel, that answer is 'no'I will mention 2D side panel views to the designer, but can't promise anything at this timeJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest NormanB

Lee,I have already stated elsewhere my love for 3D cockpits just doesn't exist but thats me on a personal level.From a Phoenix perspective there won't be any 2D cockpit views. Indeed Concorde didn't have any - everything you see is from the 3D cockpit.To paraphrase one of the designers, 'we won't be reverting to FS98 style 2D panel bitmaps.'Thanks though for your input. If I came across as abrupt that was not the intention!Finally, I just cranked up the VC gauge quality in Concorde to high and it's certainly getting there.

Thanks Norman,Slightly disappointed that these wont be included as an option, but thanks anyway. My love for 3D cockpits is also non existant.Regards,Lee.

Hi guys,For the Boeing 757, would you please consider including 2D cockpit views aswell as the standard virtual cockpit views? I know many people like the virtual cockpit views, but I for one do not.I am not sure how many other people would want this. Maybe I am the only one. However, other developers are including 2D cockpit views as an option if people want to display them, so I think it would be a good idea if you guys would consider doing the same.Regards,Lee.

Hi, all! To me the 2d cockpit views give an impression of 'being there' and seem more 'realistic' and 'solid', while the 3d views seem 'fake' and 'toy-like'. I much prefer the 2d cockpit views.

Guest Claudius

okay this is a little off topic butwould it be possible for PSS to include some wing view ???thank you very much

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.