Sign in to follow this  
FOD

777 - which OS are PSS using for development?

Whilst we are all eagerly waiting for the next update and myself for my pre-ordered 777-LR, perhaps the guys at PSS could recall the problems with the original A320 series. I well remember several months spent trying to resolve odd CTDs - anytime from 5 mins to 3 hours into flights and this was discussed ad infinitum in these forums. In the end, the problem was put down to "memory leaks" when using early Windows OS [i was on Win ME] - when I updated to Win XP the problem was resolved - afterwards I saw that the problem kept re-appearing for those using Win 98/ME.So, whilst now my good old A320 and the follow on 330/340 series are still my big jets of choice, which OS is being used for the 777 development - Win Xp - or have PSS progressed to 64 bit and Vista [or whatever it is called now]?

Guest aprfleet

Testing a new addon on a beta OS? Not even a Beta 2 OS? You gotta be kidding.I installed build 5219 of Vista, and stayed there like 15 minutes before reformatting for my trusty XP. Just when she couldn't find the right default gateway between my wireless and wired NICs, I said: That's it. Enough beta testing. I'll wait for a more stable build.I used to be beta tester for Whistler (XP) and I've been using it since 1999, but this one is simply too buggy to stay on my everyday laptop.Some people say that build 5231, while adding some nice things, is even buggier than 5219. So I'll wait for the public beta in december.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.