Sign in to follow this  
Guest jorritvandommelen

3 Minor issues, a/p, radar altitude, fmc

Guest jorritvandommelen

Hi PSS-Team,On behalf of a friend, who's currently not able to post on AVSIM forums, I would like to report some minor issues.We did a short hop from EDDL to EHAM this evening, when we came across some minor problems. The first problem is related to the FMC, when we wanted to put the Transition level in the FMC, the FMC is reading TRANS ALT, where it should read something like TRANS LVL, right?The second problem occured during the landing at Schiphol. As you can see in the picture the ground level (measured with radar in real life??) is indicated wrong. Maybe because Schiphol is located below sea level?Last but not least; after a manual landing with A/T manual disconnect and AP manual disconnect by clicking the disengange bar, the messages aren't deleted from the Left EICAS display after some time. I'm not really sure if this is a bug?Not indicated on the picture but we also saw some strange behaviour during LNAV and sharp turns. The turn waypoint is deleted to soon in such a way that the turn is initiated to early like it's cutting the track.The first three issues are all shown in the attached pic.Finally; What a great aircraft; thanks a lot PSS!!!Jorrit (& Paul)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132453.jpg

Guest paulmadejong

Finally I am able to login to the forum, fyi I am the friend Jorrit is talking about in the topicstartpost.Any comments from PSS on these 3 issues? Thanks in advance guys!Paul

Guest rchwallace

I am not from PSS but thought I would pass one on with regards to the PFD querry... The yellow hash marks indicate the airport elevation which is taken from the FMC database in the real a/c.... it is on a baro instrument which means that if your QNH is set wrong then the error which you are showing would occur.Regards

Guest paulmadejong

>I am not from PSS but thought I would pass one on with>regards to the PFD querry... The yellow hash marks indicate>the airport elevation which is taken from the FMC database in>the real a/c.... it is on a baro instrument which means that>if your QNH is set wrong then the error which you are showing>would occur.>>RegardsI know all this, but QNH was set correctly, checked in multiple times. SO maybe an mistake in the AIRAC cycle (for what I know there are more problems with 0511).

Guest jorritvandommelen

I'm pretty certain that it has nothing to do with a wrong QNH setting. In that flight we double checked the QNH, because it was 1013HPa, the standard setting, but it was correct. As you can see on the screenshot, the altimeter is reading around 0 feet, which is also correct. Schiphol is about 9 feet below MSL, this causes problem with many add-on products (many programmers didn't take the possibity of a negative altitude into account), so it's probably the cause here. Maybe there are other comments about the two other problems?With Friendly Regards,Jorrit van Dommelen

I think the yellow altimeter ground level (TDZ, touchdown zone) comes from the FMC arrival airport elevation (don't think it is measured by the rad alt, which is correctly showing zero). I assume you had EHAM correctly entered as the arrival airport. I have found that sometimes the PSS 777 FMC route ends prematurely (if you haven't loaded the default Cessna flight, etc, etc) and the FMC loses its arrival airport information, perhaps this is what happened. Or it could be an error in the FMC database for EHAM.QNH setting would only affect baro altitude, which appears to be correct (i.e. slightly above zero).Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest paulmadejong

>I think the yellow altimeter ground level (TDZ, touchdown>zone) comes from the FMC arrival airport elevation (don't>think it is measured by the rad alt, which is correctly>showing zero). >>I assume you had EHAM correctly entered as the arrival>airport. I have found that sometimes the PSS 777 FMC route>ends prematurely (if you haven't loaded the default Cessna>flight, etc, etc) and the FMC loses its arrival airport>information, perhaps this is what happened. Or it could be an>error in the FMC database for EHAM.>>QNH setting would only affect baro altitude, which appears to>be correct (i.e. slightly above zero).>>KevinIndeed, the problem with the elevation might be caused by a faulty airac dbase. I still find it at pitty that nobody from PSS has replyed to this post concerning the Transition Level, AT disconnect and EICAS, and the strange LNAV behaviour in some turns. None of these problems are in their known issues list (yet).Paul

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.