Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

ATC Voicepack and 'tokens'.

I'm building a completely new 'UK English ATC' for those of us that miss UK ATC phraseology, a pretty big job as I'm sure we all want a number of 'voices'.I can remake some usage, such as using 'QNH' instead of 'altimeter', but I am coming up against a few difficulties with the existing 'ATC Tokens'.I would like to know if any changes to the existing 'tokens' can be made in the FS2k2 coding?A typical problem is changing the American use of the last 3 values of the callsign in token .In the UK we use the first and last two, so a callsign such as 'G-DAVE'is shortened to 'Golf-Victor Echo'.A Dutch plane also for instance becomes 4 values-'Papa Hotel-Victor Echo' as the code for Holland is 'PH'.I wonder if any 'programmers'know of a way to get around these problems -I'm only a silly sound-engineer but I'd love to have realistic ATC for those of us who think the 'pattern' is called a 'circuit' and the 'QNH' is what you set when you leave it!DaveT

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep that would be nice, also here in Germany we don't say 'Lima Bravo Alpha' for D-ELBA but 'Delta Bravo Alpha' or just 'Bravo Alpha'.Hey all you c/c++ gurus & co., ain't there a way, maybe thru editing some dll tables or so, I have no idea?!