Sign in to follow this  
Boeing 707

Problems with the Autopilot

Hi all in the forumCan some one help me ? I have this problem when i fly the 777.When i have the A/T armed and A/T engage switch on i can not control the airspeed by turning the ias/mach button up or down, if i for an example set the ias to 335 knots, the airspeed just going up and up passing by 335 knots, then i got the overspeed alarm, and the airspeed it stops about 606 knots.When i turn the ias/mach button down, then the autothrottle will not respond and the plane will not lose airspeed as i damend. When i disconnect the A/T, then can i set the throttle to min. trust / idle manuel by using my controllers on my flightyoke.When i have my "new" airspeed and i turn the A/T on again it

Guest Jani Salo

Yes I have the same problem with AT armed. Also when the AT is armed it doesn't seem to work and I can only use the throttle manually. Also if I set the speed to 250kts in the MCP with AT on the speed just keeps rising untill I reduce the throttle manually.I also have a problem with the plane rolling constantly from wing to wing when the autopilot is on. It is very frustrating when trying to fly a route. So far I havent been able to complete a single flight with autopilot because of these problems :( and the 777 has been out for quite a long time now. Hope we get a fix soon !weird...Jani

Sign in to follow this