Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyinJ

PFD question

Guest FlyinJ

Does anyone know what the little yellow "wings" seen on the PFD indicate?Jeff

Guest NormanB

They are part of the flight director. I personally prefer the Split Cue FD option.To change your display options press Shift 8 and then select Airline Options.

Guest Steve_Park

To answer your question, the little yellow wing's indicate that:(1) you have your flap's deployed and,(2) that is the highest aoa for that flap setting and speed.Just make sure that your pitch queue, which ever one you use does not go above those little yellow wing's!Steve Park

Guest FlyinJ

Thanks Steve! I figured it had something to do with the flaps since the "wings" only appear when flaps are extended. Interesting how they move up/down with changes in wind speed and direction.Jeff

Guest FlyinJ

Norman,See Steve's response. Even though the flight director wasn't what I was referring to, your answer helped me discover yet another nifty option for the PFD.Cheers,Jeff

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.