Sign in to follow this  

Out of control!

Has anyone else experienced this? My Joystick, (Saitek Force 3D) works erratically or sometimes not at all when I'm in the panel view and I have Squawkbox running. FD AP and all autopilot functions work correctly but, for example, when I disconnect the AP to transition to manual flight on an ILS approach I have no control except in external and virtual views, thus I can't control the throttle or flare for touchdown. If I switch to an external or virtual cockpit view it works fine though. I have the latest FSUIP version and FS2002 Pro on Win 98SE, if that makes any difference. This is really screwing my online flying up and actually caused me to crash on final approach the other day! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi Chock. What happens with the joystick if you are not running squawkbox, i.e. does it work as expected if you are just using FS2002? Also, you might want to take a look at the driver/software versions for the Saitek. Some of their later versions can so some strange things: I can't use their latest software for my X-45 and WinXP-Pro at all because of a conflict with the MS keyboard and mouse I have.Best Regards,Ed Green, KCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/images/ELAL-350.jpg

Greeneg,The stick works fine when SB isn't running so it's probably some module conflict, but other than that I haven't a clue. i was hoping someone who knows the nuts and bolts of SB would have an answer. It was fine before I put SB on.I've only just started using it, but I know it was working OK the other day when I was flying online, cos my touchdown at EGPH was perfect. All of a sudden its gone nuts, first noticed it taxying after pushback, twisting the stick din't turn my aircraft, and pitch and roll settings didn't work either although throttle is sometimes OK, but only intermittently. It has to be SB related, as other modules such as FS HotSeat and Active Sky work just fine. And it can't be a clash with those add-ons because it still happens when they are not running.BTW, your signature picture says 'ready for pushback', but the door on that 747 is still open. I think you need to have a talk with your co-pilot LOL!